Born: 1 Jun 1881, (Morgan Co?), AL
Married: Henry Douglas Henson
- Born: 3 Jun 1874 at Kemp, Kaufman Co, TX
- Died: 13 Oct 1948 at Galveston, Galveston Co, TX
- Buried: Shiloh Cemetery, Lively, Kaufman Co, TX
- Find-a-Grave: 18350028
Died: 1 Aug 1951, Kemp, Kaufman Co, TX
Buried: Shiloh Cemetery, Lively, Kaufman Co, TX
- Find-a-Grave: 18350061
- Odessa Henson (F, 1898, TX) [doubtful]
- James Marvin Henson (M, 1902, TX)
- Delia M. Henson (F, 1904, TX)
- Authur Henson (M, abt 1907, TX)
- Opal Henson (F, abt 1913, TX)
- Lulie Henson (F, abt 1916, TX)
- Gladys Henson (F, abt 1922, TX)
First it should be noted: Because of the loss of the 1890 census, and Dollie’s 1881 birthdate, she does not appear on any census in the household of James Barefoot. All our census records show her at home with Henry Douglas Henson.
Here’s something funny. For the last few months, as often as I came across the 1900 Federal Census for Barefoot and family, I couldn’t help but think that the Dolly at the top of the second page is Barefoot’s daughter. Of course, the fact that this Dolly is married to Andrew Jackson would seem to argue against this. But the fact that I can’t find Dollie anywhere else in 1900; the fact that this Dolly is wedged between her father’s household and her brother’s; the fact that she’s the right age; the fact that she’s born in Alabama and lists her parents as born in SC; the fact that she has precisely the child we’d expect her to have in 1900 (a one year old girl named “Dessy”…her oldest was named Odessa) all point to this being our girl. So what’s with the “Andrew Jackson”? Was someone being funny?
Added 11/2/16: I can’t recall where I found information that Dolly’s oldest was Odessa. On the 1910 census she has three children, none of them Odessa. And she indicates that she has only given birth to three children, all of whom are alive. And yet Odessa, who appears on the questionable 1900 census, would only be 11 years old at the time. This leads me to believe that the Dolly on the 1900 census is either not our Dolly, or she is not Andrew Jackson’s wife and the child Odessa is not her child. Until such time as I am able to show that she had a child named Odessa, it should be assumed to be incorrect information.
- 1900 Federal Census, Ellis Co, TX (Listed as wife of “Andrew Jackson”)
- 1910 Federal Census, Navarro Co, TX (Henry Henson Household)
- 1920 Federal Census, Henderson Co, TX (Henry Henson Household)
- 1930 Federal Census, Henderson Co, TX (Henry Henson Household)
- Death Certificate – Henry Henson